3rd U.S. SENIOR WOMEN’S OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFYING
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30, 2021
Las Posas CC
955 Fairway Drive
Camarillo, CA 93010
POLICIES, PROCEDURES, & GUIDELINES:
- All players will participate in an 18-hole stroke-play qualifier.
- Qualifiers will advance to U.S. Senior Women’s Open at Brooklawn CC in Fairfield, CT on July 29 – August 1, 2021.
- The final number of qualifying spots will be available from the Committee on the day of play.
- In the event of a tie for the last qualifying place or an alternate’s position, there will be a hole-by-hole playoff immediately following the conclusion of regular play.
STARTING TIMES & PAIRINGS:
- Starting times and pairings will be emailed to players and posted online at scga.org/tournaments/champ-cal/usga-qualifiers one week in advance of the qualifier.
- There will not be a player registration process on the morning of the qualifier.
- Lead groups should plan to be at their assigned tee 10 minutes in advance of their starting time. Subsequent groups are encouraged to arrive once the preceding group has teed off. Players arriving late will be penalized under Rule 5.3a of the Rules of Golf. For example, the 9:00 a.m. starting time is defined as 9:00:00, and players arriving after that time are considered late.
- Certain supplies, such as tees and ball-marking pens, will not be distributed until further notice.
- The driving range will be available one hour prior to the first starting time. Range balls will be provided.
- Players should arrive on-site no earlier than one hour prior to their starting time and should limit driving range usage to 15 minutes.
TEES & YARDAGES:
- Play will be from the USGA tee markers.
- Refer to the Yardage Information section on the Event Portal for hole-by-hole yardages.
- Players may make arrangements for practice rounds at their own expense by calling the course at (805) 388-2901 and identifying themselves as a participant in the qualifier.
- Discounted rates will be extended to participants: $65 (M – F); $75 (F – Sun); $15 cart fee.
FOOD SERVICE & PURCHASES:
- The Snack Bar will be open from 7:30 a.m. until the conclusion of play for to-go orders.
- Only major credit cards will be accepted for all purchases.
RULES OF PLAY:
- The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and The R&A Rules Limited govern play.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition can be found on the USGA Hard Card and the Notice to Players that will be emailed to players the day prior to the qualifier and distributed on-site.
- Distance-Measure Devices: Permitted during qualifying rounds.
- One Ball Rule: During an entire round, each ball at which the player makes a stroke must be the same brand and model as found in a single entry on the current List of Conforming Balls. Model Local Rule G-4.
- Groove and Punch Mark Specifications: Local Rule as prescribed in Section 8 of the Committee Procedures is in effect, except as modified by the applicable championship Entry Application. Model Local Rule G-2.
- Prohibiting Use of Certain Types of Shoes: During a round, a player must not wear shoes with spikes of any design that are entirely or partially made of metal, if such metal may come into contact with the course. Model Local Rule G-7.
- Information on Green-Reading Materials can be found here.
- Click here to review the SCGA Pace of Play Policy.
GOLF CARTS & PULL/PUSH CARTS:
- During a round, a player must not ride on any form of motorized transportation except as authorized or later approved by the Committee. Model Local Rule G-6.
- Players seeking to use a golf cart due to a medical or ADA-related reason must contact the USGA in advance of the qualifier.
- Pull or push carts (including motorized pull or push carts) are allowed.
CADDIES & SPECTATORS:
- Players may provide their own caddie (see section on Golf Carts).
- Spectators are permitted but are not allowed in carts. Spectators must adhere to all policies set forth by the club.
- Caddies and spectators must wear face coverings whenever it is not possible to guarantee six feet of distance from another person.
Appropriate golf attire must be worn, including adhering to any club-specific policies.
CANCELATIONS & REFUNDS:
To withdraw prior to the start of the qualifier, a player must contact both the:
- SCGA Championships & Golf Operations Department at email@example.com, AND
- USGA Championship Administration Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.